Tameside Big Toddle 2013
The Barnardo’s Big Toddle is the UK’s biggest charity event for children aged 0 – 5. Each year, hundreds of thousands of children get ready to take part in this short sponsored walk and have great fun with their friends. This year we are having our very own Tameside Big Toddle in Cheethams Park, Stalybridge on Sunday 16th June which will be proudly sponsored by Davenport House Clinic.
Everyone who takes part gets a free, fantastic Toddle pack which is packed with goodies to help make the most of your fun day out.Register for the Tameside Big Toddle here
Date: Sunday 16th June 2013
Location: Cheetham Park, Stalybridge
Big Toddle: A sponsored walk for the under 5′s
Join in the fun and see for yourself why the Big Toddle will be such a big hit with your little ones!
This year the Big Toddle theme is Nursey Rhymes and Fairytales! Toddlers can dress up as their favourite nursery rhyme or fairytale character and get powered-up with superhero-themed activities. The money they raise goes to Barnado’s projects that help children under 5 – making your Toddlers real-life heroes for the day. These projects include family centres, playgroups and parenting support services across the UK.
Call on all your friends, family, colleagues and contacts to sponsor your Toddlers.
Raising money for a good cause like Barnardo’s can give children a real sense of pride and achievement – and they can have fun on the way too!
To help your little ones raise as much money as they can, we have plenty of great fundraising tips and ideas for you. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Get close friends and family to donate first. Others will follow their generous lead.
- Collect the money straight away. This means you won’t have to chase afterwards.
- Get work colleagues, clients and your company to sponsor your child – many employers will match their employees’ fundraising efforts. Why not see if your company will do the same?
- Set up an online fundraising page. It’s the easiest, safest and quickest way for sponsors to give.
- Set yourself a target, tell people and smash it!
- If you’re on Facebook or Twitter why not tell all your friends and family about your Toddle? Remember to include a link to your fundraising page.
- Raise a quarter extra by getting sponsors who are UK taxpayers to tick the gift aid box. This will give us an extra 25p for every £1 you raise.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have more questions? We’re only too happy to help. The team at Davenport House Clinic are ready to answer questions you may have before or after registration. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0161 304 0117.