Welcome to the online Physiotherapy and Podiatry service at Davenport House Clinic – an innovative way of maintaining our services whilst clinics are limited due to Corona Virus. Going forwards it will also be a service we are able to provide to any of our existing or new clients who live out of area or who cannot access the clinic for any reason.
For those who have been advised to work from home or have symptoms and cannot make it to the clinic, we have set up an online consultation service that will allow us to assess, create treatment plans for most problems, provide, update and progress bespoke home exercise programs to keep your recovery on track. You do not have to be an existing client; anyone can access this service.
Securely connect to your session using any device fitted with a camera and microphone.
How does it work?
- Either ring the clinic or book online via the website
- For this service you will be required to pre-pay
- After booking you will be sent a secure video link you can connect to at your appointment time and then your session begins!
What will the session involve?
- You will be asked several questions regarding your problem and discuss any investigations you may have had or visits to your GP/consultant.
- You will be asked to perform a few tasks or movements of the affected area so we can assess your ability to move. This may also involve a few special tests for that joint or condition.
- Following this your diagnosis will be discussed in depth with you and a plan for management agreed with clear exercises and advice sent to you after the consultation.
- You will be given opportunity to address questions and concerns throughout the appointment
- Follow up appointments will be arranged, if required and can be face to face or online depending on your commitments or needs.
What services do we offer?
- Injury management and advice
- Rehabilitation Programmes
- Exercise prescription and advice
- Taping advice
- Footwear advice
- Insole/Orthotic advice/provision
What do I need?
- You need a laptop, mobile phone or tablet device with a front facing camera.
- A little bit of space to move / floorspace
- Once you have made your appointment, you will be sent a link to a video meeting through the ZOOM platform.
- If you are using your phone or a tablet, you will be asked to download an application called “ZOOM” from your device’s application store. The application is free to use, and you don’t need to sign up or register to use the application.
- Once you have downloaded the application, click the link in the email we send you and you will be connected to the video call when the appointment time is ready.
It’s very straight forward, but if you have ANY problems at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.